Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I have a question; why do we all speak in British accents when we're from outer space and there is no Britain?

Well, it's been a while since I've told you about my life, so I thought I would today. I don't know if you ever read my dating blog, but in it, I talked about my New Year's Resolution which was: This year, I cannot fall in love once the entire year. If I fall in love once this whole year, I lose. I chose this resolution because for most of last year, I was trying my hardest to fall in love and have someone fall in love with me. I wanted to take the first step towards happily ever after and to be honest, it made the year miserable. So, I made my choice to not fall in love for a whole year, and I have to say, it's made the year completely and totally... awesome. Not having to worry about falling in love or whether someone will fall in love with me had helped me to step out of the shell I had put around myself and allowed me to be myself again. I used to be a really fun guy to be around, but last year that kind of went away. But, it's back and better than ever!! I've gone on more dates in the last month than I had in the last 7 monts of 2009 and I've made TONS of new friends. I'm not as nervous around girls as I was last year and they're not as nervous around me.

All in all, it's been a good year so far. Which leads me to my second New Year's Resolution; I'm going to do everything in my power to make 2010 the most awesome year I've ever had. I'm going to have something awesome happen every single day. Now, I didn't come up with this resolution until January 31st, but I can say that, so far, it's working. I've had something awesome happen to me at least once a day. Sometimes twice. February was easily the best month I've had in a long, long time, and I'm not going to let it stop there. Every month this year is going to be better than the last.

The way I see it, it's all in the attitude you have. If you tell yourself that life is going to be awesome, it will be. If you tell yourself that life is only so-so, it's going to be. The same goes for if you tell yourself that life is going to suck. So, I figured, why not plan to be awesome? I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner. But, as long as I know it now, I'm good. So, I'm going to challenge everyone to try to have an awesome year this year. Let's make 2010 the best year of our lives!! Who's with me?! Instead of looking back at each day and noticing all the bad things that happened to you, focus on the good things! The more you do it, the easier it's going to be to find awesome things happening to you.

I really just can't explain how great life has been for me this past month and a half. It's been fantastic, but that word can't even begin to describe it. It's like I ran into the old, awesome me and was replaced by him. In fact, I can see it now...


"Hello, I'm awesome Bryson," Awesome Bryson said, strolling into the room with a smile on his face.
"What are you doing here?" Lame Bryson asked, looking perplexed. "And why do you look just like me?"
"What are you talking about?" Awesome Bryson asked. "I look nothing like you! I'm happy, fun, and smiling!"

Lame Bryson looked at his feet. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. So, what are you here for?"

"I'm here to make your life awesome again!" Awesome Bryson takes a step back, then begins running at Lame Bryson.

"Wait! What are you doing?" Lame Bryson covers his face and braces himself. Awesome Bryson jumps and dives right into Lame Bryson, merging with him. Lame Bryson looks around in confusion before exploding into a million pieces leaving only Awesome Bryson standing alone in the room. (It looked something like the end of the 1st Matrix movie, but more awesome.) But wait! Awesome Bryson is no longer the only one in the room! The room is suddenly filled with friends that Awesome Bryson has made! And look! The walls are now covered in stories of awesomeness that Bryson has to tell about how awesome his life is now!

Yeah, it would be something like that.
Honestly, I'm going to try my best to get more people to switch over to Awesomeness. I know that people will be happier if they do.


And remember my challenge! Make 2010 Awesome!!
What does everyone think of these awesome chairs?!?!

No comments: